10 villages will be celebrating feasts this month.
Village feasts, commonly known as festi, are a staple of Maltese summers. While they’re technically celebrated throughout the year, the majority of festi take place during the summer months.
People across the Maltese Islands gather in their respective villages to celebrate their patron saint, enjoy some traditional food, listen to the local banda, and watch the fireworks – activities we’ve all been looking forward to following the outbreak of COVID-19.
With that being said, here are all the village feasts taking place in Malta and Gozo this month:
Sunday, 3rd September
- Qawra: St Francis of Assisi
- Sliema: St Gregory the Great
- Żurrieq: St Catherine
- Valletta: St Augustine
Thursday, 8th September (National Holiday)
- Mellieħa: The Nativity of Our Lady
- Naxxar: The Nativity of Our Lady
- Senglea: The Nativity of Our Lady
- Xagħra, Gozo: The Nativity of Our Lady
Sunday, 10th September
- Żabbar: Our Lady of Graces
- Victoria (Capuchin Friars), Gozo: Our Lady of Graces
Sunday, 24th September:
- Mellieha: Our Lady of Mellieha
- Zebbug: Chapel of Our Lady of Grace
Will you be attending any of these feasts?
Clayton Grech/Facebook, Xaghra Parish/Facebook