Our most successful workshop for a reason! Learn how to make a colourful feast of dishes including pumpkin with mint and sumac, baked filo tart with ġbejna and kale and vibrant crunchy salad with an orange blossom dressing and much more.
Looking to throw a little get together before summer but want to keep it light, fresh and stress-free? This workshop will showcase seasonal vegetables creating a diverse range of dishes to create a feast of colours and textures. The fruit and vegetables that you will use are sourced from local, young farmers, growing organically. Drawing upon flavours from the Middle East and the Mediterranean each dish will highlight how beautiful and satisfying vegetables can be if treated in the right way. With a little help from some, perhaps, unfamiliar seasonings like Sumac, pomegranate molasses and preserved lemon, amongst others each dish becomes an exciting explosion of flavour. Our chef instructors will demonstrate how to create a balanced yet dynamic spread of food that will have all your friends showering you with compliments and asking for the recipes!
We will show you little tricks that will make entertaining a breeze but have your guests thinking it took you hours in the kitchen. From home-made crackers and fresh cheese to fruit purees to create a simple prosecco cocktail we have you covered. The session will be split into two parts. During the first part of the session our instructors will demo a number of dishes that can be prepared ahead of time to keep you calm on the day. The demonstrated dishes will then compliment the final spread. The second half will see the chef instructor walking you through 3 small dishes that you will then replicate.
During the session you’ll learn how to:
• Prepare vegetables in a variety of ways to enhance their flavour
• Prepare a spread of vegetable dishes that can be eaten as a spread or alone
• Use your knife skills for a variety of chopping techniques
• Balance a spread of food to include dishes with different textures, temperatures and flavours
• Make dressings that pack a punch
• Use fresh ingredients and an array of spices to lift any dish to a different level
• Organise yourself in the kitchen to save time and be able to relax on the day