After the war, in 1947, the art studio was refurbished. Carrara marble was used for its floor and facade. The shop windows were made from mahogany wood salvaged from a scrapped warship lying in the Grand Harbour. These features are still there today.
In 1950, Joseph's son Edwin, joined the business and like his father became an artist too. He was taught by his father and nowadays is regarded to be Malta's leading marine artist. His love for the sea and the military spurred him to study naval history and marine art intensely. Joseph's other son, Charles, also joined the business about 10 years later.
Today Galea's Art Studio and Gallery are run by Edwin's children Pierre and Edwin Jr.
Photo credits: Galea Art Gallery Facebook Page.