Layers of ladyfinger sponges flavoured with a coffee and liquor soak, whipped vanilla mascarpone and Valrhona cocoa powder.
This Italian classic is an expression of pure indulgence. In this workshop we’ll guide you through the process of baking your own ladyfinger sponges and using them as the base of our Tiramisu. We’ll be soaking them in a combination of some of life’s great pleasures: coffee, chocolate and liquor. All the while our chefs will be guiding you through the process of customizing this dessert, known for having so many variations, to your personal taste. To create the alternating layers we’ll be finishing our creations with a whipped vanilla mascarpone and topping each layer with a dusting of high quality, dutch processed cocoa powder.
During this session you’ll learn how to:
• Bake a delicate ladyfinger sponge
• Concoct a delicious combination of coffee, chocolate and booze
• Create a light and flavourful vanilla mascarpone
• Bring the components together to create a decadent tiramisu
• Apply kitchen professionalism: timing, cleanliness and organisation
• Perform fundamental cooking techniques.
Regardless of what we’re cooking, you don’t have to worry about a thing as we’ll provide all the recipes, tools and ingredients you need for the session and the fruits of your labour are all yours to take home and share with your loved ones (there’ll be plenty for you to taste during the session itself). All we ask is that you turn up on time so we can all get started together!